Monday, April 30, 2012

Play Ball

Yesterday I read the new graphic novel, Play Ball, written by Nunzio Defilippis and Christina Weir and illustrated by Jackie Lewis and it is FANTASTIC! Having read other graphic novels written by Defilippis and Weir (Skinwalker and Three Strikes) I knew this was going to be good, but it was even better than I'd hoped and with Jackie Lewis' graphic novel debut on the art side, I think this is the feel good, positive graphic novel of the year! Play Ball is the story (fiction) of Dashiell Brody, who doesn't want to play softball in high school, she wants to play baseball with her school's team, and because they don't have any rules about girls joining, she does. Play Ball is a joy to read and I imagine it will me even more enjoyable if you have kids (especially daughters) and or like baseball!

No comments: