Thursday, November 24, 2016

Thanks.

I'm thankful for many things, not just today, but every day. I'm thankful for Kate, my wife, my many friends outside of my store and those that I've met through Alternate Reality Comics over the years, my cats Sky & Moto and our beloved departed Alucard who was with us for 15 wonderful years, coffee, tofurkey and all of the vegan choices that exist today both in markets and restaurants around Las Vegas (Vegenation!), my good health (aside from my asthma & allergies), art, love & laughter, biking, music, and the beauty of the natural environments around us.

HUGE thanks to the comic book medium and this industry which has made just about everything I'm thankful in my life possible. I've been reading comics regularly since 1975 (that's 41 years!) and have been fortunate to have owned Alternate Reality Comics for the past 21 years. I am so fortunate to be able to have my occupation involve my main passion in life and get to share this love of sequential art with people from all over the world just about every day. I've met SO many great people through the store, and get especially excited when I'm able to turn someone on to a new favorite comic or graphic novel. Thanks to the creators of the multitude of great comics / graphic novels being produced (and that were produced over years gone by) for creating works that entertain / enlighten and make possible my life. Thanks to my fellow comic book retailer friends for sharing their friendship and experiences with me this year and every year since I started. Biggest thanks has to go out to my friends / patrons of Alternate Reality Comics for making my store a regular part of your lives, to those of you from afar who have visited, and to everyone who reads / visits my store facebook page and sharing your love of this medium with me.

No comments: