Friday, January 2, 2009

Alan Moore on Sale!

Okay, so Alan Moore really isn't on sale, but here at my store, Alternate Reality Comics (in Las Vegas, Nevada, not Las Vegas, New Mexico), all Alan Moore graphic novels are on sale for 20% off for the entire month of January!

So as we all gear up for the Watchmen movie, now is the perfect time to try out some Alan Moore books that you haven't read, like Promethea (five amazing volumes), A Small Killing, Yuggoth Cultures, and Hypothetical Lizard.


Everyone already knows that Batman: The Killing Joke is the definitive Joker story, but maybe you know someone who liked the Dark Knight movie that hasn't read this.













Alan Moore's Swamp Thing was the first book he did for the U.S. and while it was (and is) highly regarded by those who have read it (six volumes), I think that Moore's Swamp Thing isn't as celebrated as it should be. I think this is because when people see the Swamp Thing books they just think of the bad movies or can't imagine how a title called Swamp Thing could possibly be good. Well what Alan Moore did with Swamp Thing was he took everything that other writers did with the character and made them make sense and elevated the character to being an earth elemental (I've probably talked about this before on my blog, but this does bear repeating and some people may have not read my earlier post). Moore's Swamp Thing was also the template for Vertigo and I think as good as Gaiman's Sandman was, that Moore's Swamp Thing is a better on so many levels (and I don't think I'm saying that being a huge Alan Moore enthusiast). Seriously, for anyone who's on the fence about picking up or trying Moore's Swamp Thing, this title is a total money back guarantee book as I know that everyone who reads the first chapter of the first volume will be drawn in.

No comments: