Saturday, March 28, 2009

JH's Batwoman, a must buy!

Okay I'm going to go into full hype mode here so strap yourselves in. In June, DC Comics will release Detective Comics featuring Batwoman, written by Greg Rucka and fully illustrated by JH Williams III for twelve issues. I've been lucky to have seen finished art for the first two issues several months ago and I'll say with no qualifications that even if the story stunk on toast (which it won't because Rucka has written some great comics and novels), JH William's Batwoman is going to finally be the title that puts the spotlight on what an amazing artist he is to a much larger audience.

Sure there will be really nice hardcover and softcover versions of JH's Batwoman, but I can't see anyone who looks through the first issue wanting to wait that long. Additionally you could get the comic single issues for yourselves as they come out and then when the nice collections happen, you could gift your single issues and turn on more people to what's sure to be one of the very best looking comics of the year. Of course this will be a huge money-back guarantee book here at my store, so you have nothing to lose. I really can't imagine why anyone who sees the first issue of Batwoman that comes out in June not picking it up and loving it and I'm not just saying that because JH is a good friend of mine. And as great as it looks in black and white, I can't wait to see it in glorious color by Dave Stewart.

No comments: