Monday, August 16, 2010

Scott Pilgrim movie is all that and more!!

A friend was asking me on facebook last night what I thought of the Scott Pilgrim movie and although I commented on my store facebook page after seeing it midnight Thursday night that I LOVED EVERYTHING about the movie, I'd forgotten that I hadn't blogged about it (for my loyal Ich Liebe Comics! readers that don't facebook).

No spoilers following:

As I mentioned above, I loved the Scott Pilgrim movie, it has it all; a great cast, is funny, has a lot of heart, great music, and compresses the six Scott Pilgrim graphic novels in a way that isn't hurried and doesn't lose the charm and kinetic energy of the comic (my favorite character is Todd the Vegan, of course!). Like the Kick Ass movie, the Scott Pilgrim movie has some differences from the graphic novel, but that just makes both experiences fun unto themselves. Seriously, go see Scott Pilgrim Vs. The World because you may have heard it didn't "perform" that well at the box office this past weekend and if people don't support movies like this that aren't just cut out of the same mold as most Hollywood movies, well then we'll just get more generic movies. I definitely will be seeing this again in the theaters!

And as a reminder for those of you who haven't seen my earlier entry a few weeks ago about the Alternate Reality Comics facebook page, it doesn't cost anything (grin), so just go do a search for Alternate Reality Comics, Las Vegas in the facebook search field and you'll be directed to said page!

5 comments:

Camila said...

I'll have to check it out :)

Ralph Mathieu said...

Go now, thank me later!

Andrea Walter said...

Scott Pilgrim <3

Unknown said...

I saw this having only read the first volume of the comic series, and absolutely LOVED it. It's rare to see a movie that's so it's own thing rather than just another variation (I'm looking at you EXPENDABLES). Unfortunately, being so quirky and unique is probably this flick's downfall. Most of the general populous probably had no idea what to make of it, and therefore stayed away.

Their loss.

I have a feeling this will be one of those movies that will sell forever on the home video market.

Blogger said...

Mein Herz war gebrochen. Ich glaube nie, dass ich meinen Ex wieder zurückbekomme, bis Dr. Trust meinen Ex innerhalb von 24 Stunden mit einem mächtigen Liebeszauber zurückbrachte. Er ist zuverlässig für positive Ergebnisse. Wenden Sie sich per E-Mail an den Zauberwirker für Liebeszauber: >>>> placeofsolution@yahoo.com <<<< oder WhatsApp unter + 1 443 281 3404