Friday, September 7, 2007

Infinity surprise


This week Infinity Inc. #1 was released and although I've enjoyed Peter Milligan's writing in the past, I wasn't really expecting this book to be good at all. Firstly, it's a title that sprung from last year's 52 and I was always yawning my head off when this new version of Infinity Inc. would be a part of that story. I think the new team as launched being members of Lex Luthor's everybody with super powers concept was a good idea, it's just the execution didn't go into any interesting new directions in 52. Also I think Lex Luthor is overused at DC, especially in the Superman titles and if I were running the DC show, I'd put a lid on the character and not use him for something like three years (and pay Superman writers extra to come up with some good new villains).

So I read Infinity Inc. #1 just to see how lame the first issue would be and was quickly surprised with how much I enjoyed what Peter Milligan and new artist sensation Max Fiumara produced. A person doesn't have to have read 52 to get into this new Infinity Inc. and if Milligan and Fiumara's future issues are along the same lines as the first issue, this will be one of the new super hero titles that'll have people talking. Just don't let the uninspired cover scare you away!

No comments: