Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Watchmen movie site

I just stumbled across what looks to be a pretty good Watchmen movie site: www.watchmencomicmovie.com, not to be confused with: www.watchmenmovie.com, which is the official movie site. The former site seems to be the site to go to for all things happening and forthcoming with the Watchmen movie and they look to have a pretty good message board also.

As I've said before, in my perfect world, if someone has to do a Watchmen feature I'd like to see it done as an anime series, but that's not going to happen, nor is an HBO series, or a series of movies going to happen - it's just going to somehow be one movie. I still can not imagine how Watchmen can be made into one movie (even a three hour movie, which probably won't happen) because even with the pirate segments removed, there's still too much story for one movie. I never cared if Watchmen became a movie or not, actually I'd probably choose not except for the fact that even the mention of a comic work like V For Vendetta, Ghost World, and Watchmen being made into a movie brings a whole new audience to the source work and it always makes me happy when more people read these great comics. Having said that though, of course I'll check out the movie when it's done and I'm more then a little interested in the thinking / planning that goes on in pre-production / production. Some of the shooting starts Septmeber 17th in Vancouver.

The photo above is from the action figure speculation part of the above mentioned site. These are Mego custom made figures of Rorschach and Nite-Owl. I really don't think action figures need to be made for this series especially since that's not something Alan Moore would even remotely think was a good idea (of course it is true that he doesn't think making a Watchmen movie is a good idea and he's probably right on that, although V For Vendetta didn't suck so I'm going to try to be optimistic), but I am amused at how much time people spend on custom figures and these do look pretty good.

No comments: