Saturday, March 8, 2008

Barb & First Friday

Last night at First Friday (Las Vegas' downtown arts gathering held the first friday of every month), my friend Barbara (Barb) Rollins presented some paintings from a series she calls Unfinished (they certainly don't look unfinished) that was hosted by the Blue Sky Yoga gallery at the Arts Factory (107 E. Charleston).


This is my favorite of Barb's pieces that I have seen - it's called Driftwood and she did this when she was 17.



One of Barb's more recent pieces that she did at the end of last year as a gift to her yoga instructer. I've known Barb for years and until she showed me this piece last year, I had know idea that she had this artistic prowess! This piece obviously isn't for sale, but all of the other pieces on display are and for crazy low prices. They'll be up the whole month of March at the Arts Factory so I'd recommend swinging by!

No comments: