Lynda's panel (which was in a big room and had a big crowd, I'm happy to report) was on Friday and it was one of the best panels I've ever been to. For anyone who was at that panel who was unfamiliar with her comic work (or her novels), I know they were still highly entertained by Lynda Barry's stage presence and one would easily think she's moonlighted as a stand up comic. She started by introducing herself by singing some lines from Coal Miner's Daughter, albeit with some altered lines to reflect her life growing up and she closed by singing a song without opening her mouth (I hope that these two bits somehow end up on youtube)!
Friday, August 1, 2008
Lynda Barry San Diego 2008
Lynda's panel (which was in a big room and had a big crowd, I'm happy to report) was on Friday and it was one of the best panels I've ever been to. For anyone who was at that panel who was unfamiliar with her comic work (or her novels), I know they were still highly entertained by Lynda Barry's stage presence and one would easily think she's moonlighted as a stand up comic. She started by introducing herself by singing some lines from Coal Miner's Daughter, albeit with some altered lines to reflect her life growing up and she closed by singing a song without opening her mouth (I hope that these two bits somehow end up on youtube)!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
-
Oil and Water is a graphic novel about the Deepwater Horizon oil spill that happened in 2010 in the Gulf Coast. Written by Steve Duin an...
-
After some huge turbulence with the first sign company I went through, I, just in time fired that company (Signs West) and went with a frien...
-
This afternoon I got to take part in helping promote literacy at Will Beckley Elementary School, here in Las Vegas. The theme was superheroe...
No comments:
Post a Comment