Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Graphic novel spotlight: The Hunter

A couple of months ago I was on of the lucky one hundred people selected to receive an advanced reading copy of Darwyn Cooke's graphic novel adaptation of Richard Stark's Parker The Hunter novel and loved it then, but as nice of a production as that was, the final version which even improves on the duo tone color schematic and paper stock, is even better. Seriously, I know I'm laying on the hype pretty heavy, but when people see this book (and read it), they'll see that I'm not just talking out of my hat.

Darwyn Cooke's The Hunter is the finest in hard-boiled crime fiction, with no-nonsense characters - did I mention that the art is drop dead gorgeous!? Published by IDW for only $24.99 in hardcover, The Hunter will be the must have book of next week's San Diego convention.

No comments: