Wednesday, September 9, 2009

AnimeVegas 2009 pt. 2

I believe these characters are from Fate / Stay (a video game that became an anime that I never played or watched, but the character designs are great). Most of the following photos I'll be posting here are from anime series or manga that I'm not familiar with, but I like the way the people had fun with their costumes. At anime conventions, more than at "regular" comic book conventions, a high percentage of the people that attend do dress up as their favorite characters.















The Mario Brothers never looked better than this!










One of the Sailor scouts from Sailor Moon, a series I never watched or read, but was the gateway anime / manga series for a lot of female fans of this artform today.

1 comment:

mike_ch said...

The fourth year I have thought about going to this con and decided not to. Part of the reason is because the guests don't really interest me (any anime I'm watching is subtitled Japanese anyway), but the other reason is that they don't go ahead and make themselves an anime/comic convention, even though there's a lot of cross-over between the two groups.

Heck, San Diego still has all these anime screenings through the year, even though the con is tight on space AND most the anime shown is six months the serious fans downloaded over the internet and and saw it. We don't have a proper comic-con so why not?

I just think it's a bit dumb that you guys have to slide in under the cover of manga.