Monday, January 3, 2011

The Cape; Joe Hill

The Cape #1 (no relation to the upcoming NBC television show of the same name), is a one shot comic written by Jason Ciaramella, from a short prose story by Joe Hill (author of Locke & Key and son of Stephen King), drawn by Zach Howard, and published by IDW.

The Cape came out a couple of weeks ago, but I just got around to reading it yesterday and it made for a great first comic to read to kick off 2011. This is one of my Ich Liebe Comics! posts in which I talk even less about the actual story then I usually do (as regular readers of Ich Liebe Comics! may have noticed, my entries here mostly serve as a shout out for a comic or graphic novel that may have been overlooked by most people), because The Cape is one of those comics that the less you know about it the more impact it'll have when you read it. And I'm certain that everyone who reads The Cape #1 will want to read more, and although this is a one shot comic, at the end of this issue there is a notation that there will be more The Cape this year. This is a huge money back guarantee comic at Alternate Reality Comics!

No comments: