Monday, February 21, 2011

Sunday art jam & benefit pt.3!

Brieanna Brock (event organizer), cosplaying as Phoenix from the X-Men (I don't know if she was Phoenix in honor of her Arizona artists friends - I just thought of that, but she was probably waaaay ahead of me), with her friend, Victoria Paege, an actress and model, who also wears many hats at www.comicbooked.com, and lucky old me!

April Reyna did a very fun drawing of Epstein for me that will also be on the original art wall of fame here at Alternate Reality Comics!




As the event ended, I had the idea of getting this group shot in front of my store, but I forgot to tone down the sun, which is was stabbing us in our eyes. I think it's funny that Brieanna / Phoenix seems most bothered by the sun, as you'd think she could have done something about it!
Brieanna holding the Claremont / Byrne X-Men graphic novel in which Phoenix becomes Dark Phoenix, so we've got a before and after thing going on here!

Thank you, Brieanna, Heath, Eric, Amanda, Alfred, April, Jean (and Jean's husband), Andy (and Crista, Andy's girlfriend), and Victoria for coming out to Vegas, for the great art, and for the making the Nevada Partnership for Homeless Youth benefit a big success! Thanks to everyone who showed up at Maximum Comics and Alternate Reality Comics and got some cool art and made the donation amount we collected possible, and everyone who showed up at the drink and draw on Friday! And last, but not least, thanks to Paul Thompkins and Jason Lovin for helping me make the day run as smoothly as it did!

No comments: