Thursday, June 16, 2011

Some low cost new items...

On the top shelf of this display are some new plush creations I started carrying this week. They're called Flaky Friends and are all individually made by local artist Sarah Flake (a recent transplant from Los Angeles). The little skeletons rattle when you pick them up, the orange fishes have catnip in them, and over to the left the tan colored circular thangs with glasses are bookworms! Sarah Flake also makes some cloth iron on patches such as colorful aliens and mustaches which will make any of your clothes pop out (and I have them at my shop also). So you can get something cool by a local artist at affordable prices.

I also got in some DC and Marvel key chains and buttons. Here's some of the DC key chains.







And here's some of the Marvel key chains.











A small selection of the new DC and Marvel buttons that arrived (the retro DC ones are amongst my favorites).

As anyone who has ever been to Alternate Reality Comics already knows, comics and graphic novels are ALWAYS going to be the focal / main driving force of the store, but there is a lot of cool other things relating to comics / pop culture that are fun to have to show others where your passions are (like letting your geek flag wave proudly)! I hope I haven't sounded too much like a shameless advertiser with this Ich Liebe Comcis! entry as I just wanted to give a shout out for some cool stuff!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I really enjoyed looking at your blog! I just bought one of the those key chains! I absolutely love them! I got the Fantastic Four key chain. I think I might collect them all. Check out my blog. I have some stuff from my comic store.