Friday, July 29, 2011

La Mano del Destino; J. Gonzo

Wow, what a great week for new comics, with the new LOEG Century: 1969, The Cape #1, Brightest Day Aftermath: The Search For Swamp Thing, Kirby Genesis, and Captain America and Bucky to name just a few new arrivals that are top notch! But my pick of the week goes to a new title called La Mano del Destino, written and drawn by J. Gonzo!

















La Mano del Destino is unlike any other comic being published today, and the great writing, art, and characters by newcomer J. Gonzo (well new to me as I've not heard of him before) make me want the next issue right now! What is La Mano del Destino about?: masked warriors in a land called MesoAmerica (Mexico), but really after you read the first issue you'll see that there's more going on than your average slugfest comic. I like this line from the first issue: "Luchador does not don his mask to conceal his identity, but rather, to reveal it."

Here's a link to J. Gonzo's La Mano del Destino, with a cool trailer (with cool musci) that will give you another imprssion of what J. Gonzo is doing: http://www.castleandkeypublications.com/watch.html

I only have a handful of issues left at my store, because I was unfamiliar with J. Gonzo's work so i wanted to sample it first , but I'll be ordering more directly from the cartoonist. You can also read the entire first issue (and all future issues) at the above linked website and I'm sure that you'll enjoy La Mano del Destino so much, you'll want to have the print version (and of course actually buying the comic will help J. Gonzo make more great comics)!

1 comment:

kreeson1 said...

This sounds interesting. I am big fan of lucha libre. See you in two weeks.
I