Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Happy New Comics Wednesday 9/17/13! DC 3D week three! What happened to the red vines!?

Have these DC villain month 3D covers been some of the coolest use of 3D or what!?
Probably my favorite of all of the villain one shots that DC is doing throughout September is this week's Black Hand - written by Chris Soule, Black Hand is back to the crazy depths of darkness that he had when Geoff Johns wrote that character! This week we also finally get a trade paperback collection of the classic 1970's series, The Secret Society of Super-Villains (one of my favorites when I was first reading comics many moons ago! And a collection of the first Star Wars ongoing series that Brian Wood is writing!
Zero, is a new series by Alex Kot (Chance, Suicide Squad) and it's FANTASTIC - every issue will be self contained, with a bigger connecting over arc going on as well. This feels like the making of a really BIG story! Infinity #3!!! - actually I haven't read it yet, so it better live up to the extra "!'s I've given it (grin)! Some other great titles out this week that are not pictured, because there's only so much room on the front counter: Daredevil, Fables, Uncanny X-Men (Children of the Atom pt. 4), Powers, Thor, Batman '66, and..... (I have to leave some surprises, right!?) And because two of the Smart and Final stores were out of Red Vines, I had to get grape vines - they're kind of interesting, but Alternate Reality Comics wasn't built on grape vines (grin!), stop by and sample a grape one and tell me what you think of that flavor!

No comments: