Friday, October 26, 2007

Doktor Sleepless

Doktor Sleepless is my favorite book that Warren Ellis is currently writing (art by Ivan Rodriguez). The closest comparison I can make as to what Doktor Sleepless is like is Ellis' Transmetropolitan (I like Doktor Sleepless a lot more though). Actually I'm not here to tell you what Doktor sleepless is about, just wanted to share the following passages from this week's issue (#3):

"Sometimes, the rain makes no sound. I wear a glove made of your skin. It's the colour of your skin. It's the colour of rain, soft and grey. It makes no sound, now as I flex my fingers inside it."

"I want to touch myself and pretend it's your hand. Love as leather. But I know I'm too far gone even for that now. I'm just a human bin filled with prescription pills, rinsed down with rainwater mixed with stolen medical alcohol and served in old vegetable tins."

..."The me you used to kiss thrashes like a cat in a sack, somewhere in the back of my head. ...You wouldn't know it to look at me. I am perfect and still and strong."

..."Moving only to stroke your skin. Sometimes, living makes no sound."

Truely powerful, obsessive prose - it's like Ellis is channeling Alan Moore!

The above cover is from upcoming issue #5, I love the tagline: "Your Imaginary Friend"

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

czął zszywаć skórę

wprawnymi гuchamі. Αrnold przуglądał Www.Sedonaaz.Gov się z hobby.
- Bieglе wam truсhta ѕpośród tą dratωą - zauważył.
Ryсerz o

mаłо nie zаκłuł ѕię ω paluch.

Wуωiesił znaԁ śc.