Thursday, December 18, 2008

Snow on new comics day!

Yesterday (Wednesday, December 17th), it snowed more than I ever remember it snowing since I've lived in Vegas (I moved here in 1980). The snow started before twelve in the afternoon and continued until just about 8pm.
This is my car at about two in the afternoon. Watching snow fall is a pretty unusual sight in Vegas, let alone it actually sticking.



My car at 7pm when I left the shop. I had to actually scrap a lot of snow off my windows before leaving - doing that on a regular basis would get really old in a hurry.

It wasn't snowing when I first drove away last night, but after I got on the 215 via the airport tunnel, big flakes started falling, in a sideways pattern, making visibility not so great and it was even hard to separate one lane from another. Fortunately the traffic was pretty sparse by then so I just drove 40 MPH, keeping a good distance from the car in front of me. It's been quite a few years since I drove in snow like that (the last time was years ago when I was coming back into Vegas from Prescott, Arizona) so that part of the snow yesterday wasn't exciting in the good way.
Our house this morning (Thursday) before leaving to open the store.







The backyard with a nice helping of snow covering everything.

As I write this entry it's 4pm in Vegas and although the sun is back out and there's no evidence of yesterday's snow, it's still about 20 degrees below where we should be (but considering we had above average temps throughout November...).

1 comment:

Rick Tucker said...

Glad I missed this to hang with the gals and 'gators.
Anyway, at least Vegas has a taste of the white Christmas they've effectively avoided with that moniker, "Sin City". Now they'll have admit to being something of a "not so, Sin City" after the white stuff.