Saturday, August 28, 2010

Read Comics In Public Day and and!

Huge, huge day today at ye olde location of Alternate Reality Comics! Today is International Read Comics In Public Day, a promotional push that was started to increase the awareness of how cool and great comics are. I already know that Ich Liebe Comics! readers and the lovely patrons of Alternate Reality Comics read comics in public regularly, but I'd like to issue an official challenge for you to do this today and have a friend and or loved one take a photo of you doing so (and then you can swap comics with that photographer and snap a pic of them as well). Today is Jack King Kirby's birthday and he would be really sad if you didn't do this. Email me your photos at: ralphmathieu@gmail.com as I'd like to assemble them and doing something cool with them!

Today is also the LAST day of Alternate Reality Comics at its present location of 4800 S. Maryland Pkwy. #D, Las Vegas, Nevada after what has been a glorious 16 (!!) years finding great homes for great comics and graphic novels. I knew that I had won the lottery when I became the owner of Alternate Reality Comics in 1995 (which from 1987-1994 previously was called Dungeon Comics and was owned by Steve and then Blake and managed by my friend PJ that entire period) and I've LOVED every day of these past sixteen years interacting with people who love this wonderful medium. I look forward to the next sixteen years of Alternate Reality Comics new location starting Wednesday, September 1st, at 4110 S. Maryland Pkwy. #8 (Maryland & Flamingo intersection next to Buffalo Exchange, behind Long John Silvers) and I can't wait until everyone sees the new space!

I'd like to again thank everyone who has ever shopped at Alternate Reality Comics, everyone who includes comics and graphic novels as an entertainment choice, and for those of you that read Ich Liebe Comics!

Ich Liebe Comics and Ich Liebe All Of The Wonderful People I've Met Through Alternate Reality Comics!

No comments: