Friday, October 31, 2008

Happy B Day Alucard & Nevada!

Today, Alucard, our black cat (staring up at my bee antena) turned seven. Actually he may be eight years old and his birthday probably isn't really October 31st. Anyway I first saw this black cat, who we later named Alucard after a character in the great anime Hellsing (it's also Dracula backwards), on Halloween morning of 2001 in our backyard when I was making coffee (that's why we call today his birthday). We saw him in our backyard a few other times the next week or so and thought that our other cat might like a companion while we were gone during the day (turns out she really didn't) and I'd always wanted a black cat and although I don't believe in "signs", how cool is it to see a black cat on Halloween!? Kate put lost cat notices on surrounding mailboxes and no one claimed him so Alucard has been our prisoner ever since (when we took him to the vet, he was estimated as being a year old). Sadly he likes Kate more than me, but he does tolerate my shenanigans. Alucard is a great cat with a lot of character who always amuses us and Kate often lovingly tells me that he's my fault.

Also Happy 144th Birthday Nevada!

Oh and my unoriginal Halloween costume is actually one I wore several years ago because I never gave wearing a costume today or going out to a costume store much thought. I like to think I'm just being green by recycling this old costume (the ska hat is new though)!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Could be the Finest topic that i browsed through all holiday season?