Monday, May 16, 2011

Tumor; Fialkov & Tuazon

Tumor is a hardcover crime fiction graphic novel that came out last year (but that I somehow haven't read until today) from Archaia, written by Joshua Hale Fialkov and illustrated by Noel Tuazon. Now I know why I've sold so many copies of this graphic novel the past year (the art style alone and the nice packaging job Archaia always does with their graphic novels had me put this book on my to be read list and I regret not having gotten around to doing so sooner).

Tumor is so titled because the central character, Frank Armstrong, who is a private investigator of sorts, has a tumor, which only serves to be the punctuation to his troubled life. This graphic novel moves along at quite a rapid pace, has great nuanced characters, and an art style that is more than equal the tight, exciting story that unfolds. Tumor is totally deserves its nomination for best graphic novel - reprint (I think it was first done for the Kindle) in this years 2011 Eisner Awards!

No comments: