Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Happy New Comics Wednesday - ALL of the GREAT Comics edition, including Romita Jr.'s first Superman & Outcast, a new horror comic by Robert Kirkman!!

What a weekend! I'm still recovering from said weekend and I know a lot of my friends are too! I wish I could have gone to more of the Amazing Las Vegas Comic-con, because the few hours I went on Friday and Sunday were AMAZING, like the title of this convention says (thanks Jimmy Jay and support crew for putting this on again!)! Alas, I had to get my annual raving at the Motor Speedway in (damn EDC for being on the same weekend!) and had to sleep for a few (too few) hours during the days.

Outcast is a new horror comic about possession by Walking Dead writer / creator,  Robert Kirkman, and I feel like I owe him an apology because I didn't think this would be that good based on a little preview that was in the back of a recent issue of Walking Dead. Anyway, having read the entire double sized issue for only $2.99, I'm here to say that Outcast got off to a VERY strong start and I can't wait to see where this series goes!


The new Superman creative team of Geoff Johns and John Romita Jr. has arrived! This is John Romita Jr.'s first DC comics arting and this is also a good first issue (really issue #32)! Interesting new character too!
Just look at all of these great comics in these three photos awaiting people to read them! Sadly, I've only read Outcast and Superman this week and am still catching up from last week's comics due to prepping for the Alternate Reality Comics booth this past weekend (and thanks to everyone who stopped by!), EDCing, and now these next two days I need to race to get the monthly Diamond Comics order done. My goal is to have the 40ish comics in my reading pile that I need to get caught up with read by Sunday though and with these gems, that will be quite the treat I'm sure you all will agree!

No comments: