Saturday, September 15, 2007

Cloth and Canvas art!

Last night Cloth and Canvas, my store's neighbor, had a meet and greet with Nathaniel Ward, the artist whom they are featuring on their store walls this month.


Cloth and Canvas is a newly opened men and women clothing boutique / art gallery that's convieniently located on 4800 S. Maryland Parkway (a block from UNLV) right next to my comic shop, so if you're in the neighborhood checking out new comic releases, I'd recommend checking out Cloth and Canvas as well.

Cloth and Canvas is run by Cyndy and Rico (with Tim as their manager) and what they're looking to do with their store is to sell the finest in young men and women clothing at great prices combined with creating an awareness of local artists.

Nathaniel Ward, is Cloth and Canvas' first featured artist. Ward hails from Illinois, has lived here in Las Vegas for two years, and while having worked in illustration for years, has only been painting for two years. I was really surprised when he told me that because looking at his work, I'd have thought he'd been painting for years. For more examples of Nathaniel Ward's art, visit: www.12thcreation.com

Cloth and Canvas will feature a new artist every month, with that artist's work appearing on their walls for a whole month and if my memory is working today, I believe Cyndy told me that they'll be having meet and greets with that month's featured artist every second Friday of the month. Kate, myself, and our friend Todd (whom we call happy Todd because we know a couple of other Todds and happy Todd is, well always happy! - he's in the second photo in the red DD shirt talking to Kate) had a great time and we think Cloth and Canvas is going to be a great addition to the UNLV district!

No comments: