Friday, December 28, 2007

Stan Lee is 85 today!

Stan Lee is 85 years old today, so raise a glass of your favorite beverage in celebration! Stan Lee, is of course, the co-creator of just about every Marvel character. I got to meet him briefly at a signing at Comic Oasis (one of the other good comic stores here in Vegas), this past May and I was amazed at how energetic he was. Because there was a lot of people at the signng (of course), all I got to say to Stan Lee was thanks for all the years of entertainment and as he signed my Amazing Spider-Man Omnibus (which collects all the Spider-Man stories he did with artist Steve Ditko), he said to me "I hope you enjoy it!" Marvel Comics would definitely not be the same (possibly wouldn't exist) if it weren't for Stan Lee's writing (mostly his dialogue strengths) and the way he made readers feel like they were part of the club. Thanks again Stan Lee and Happy Birthday!

3 comments:

Camila said...

4AM?

Ralph Mathieu said...

Hi Camila

Actually we brought our laptop with us and it didn't reset the time for the Eastern time zone, so actually it was 8am in Washington DC when I wrote this. We got back tonight at 4pm.

Talk to ya soon!

Unknown said...

I sat next to Stan Lee at the Spike Video Game awards. He drinks ScrewDrivers!