Saturday, November 20, 2010

Last Saturday's party / benefit - a HUGE success!!

I couldn't be happier with my Alternate Reality Comics grand opening party / Three Square Food Bank benefit last Saturday - the whole day exceeded my expectations and was a LOT of fun!

Thanks especially to Brightest Day artists, Dave Beaty & Scott Clark and Dark Tower / Hellshock artist, Jae Lee for being my first superstar guests at my store's new location! Scott Clark is on the left here in this first photo and Dave Beaty is on the right, with lucky old me in the center holding the original Firestorm artwork that Dave Beaty did and donated as one of the grand prizes of my raffle! HUGE thanks also to my helpers / friends: Jim and Lora, Jason, and my lovely wife, Kate, for all they did to make the day run as smoothly and fun as it did!!

Scott Clark and Dave Beaty graciously did many fabulous sketches for people and here in this second photo are two great examples of their art magic!




This Galactus HUGE action figure that talks and lights up, was one of the other grand prizes of the raffles I had last week and the winner was lucky that he didn't get jumped by all of the people who hoped to be the winner (grin)!


Jae Lee was also doing sketches and in this fourth photo, Damien, is getting a Black Bolt one done up!







Combining Alternate Reality Comics new location party with a food bank benefit was the idea of artist, Dave Beaty, and I want to especially thank him for that suggestion and to EVERYONE who brought nonperishable food items for the Three Square Food Bank benefit! All of the boxes of food donations filled my Scion xb (Mother Box) to the brim and when I got to the Three Square Food Bank, they weighed the boxes on a pallet, which came in at a whopping 686 pounds (!!) of food that will definitely be put to good use here in our community going into the holiday season! I wonder who donated the can of squid pictured here in this last photo (grin)!?

No comments: