Saturday, September 13, 2014

Shoplifter; Michael Cho

 This week, fantastic artist, Michael Cho's first graphic novel came out, titled Shoplifter. Prior to Shoplifter, Michael Cho did covers and webcomics, but I've wanted a longer print production from him for a long time.
 The title of Cho's first graphic novel turned me off initially, but Shoplifter isn't really about what the title suggests (although shoplifting does occur within). Rather, Shoplifter is about Corinna Park, a young woman trying to find her way in life, who ultimately has an epiphany that directs her to a future for herself that has more promise than the life she is living until she has said epiphany.

I'd recommend Shoplifter just for Michael Cho's gorgeous artwork, but I'm happy to say that his writing shows tremendous promise and I can't wait to see / read his future comic / graphic novel creations.

No comments: