Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Dave Sim's Secret Invasion!

The first issue of Secret Invasion had as one of its dumb variant covers (I hate variants as they create such a have / have not scenario) a blank cover designed so that people who bought it could have their favorite artist draw something in the white space provided.

So for whatever reason I was surfing around websites about Dave Sim yesterday and saw this piece that I'm sure someone commissioned because there's no way Sim would have done a drawing of this quality for free. I think it's a fun illo and shows what a great artist Dave Sim is. As Dave Sim signs on this cover, this piece is a homage to two comic art giants Steve Ditko and Barry Windsor Smith.

For more great Dave Sim art stay tuned for glamourpuss #2 which I believe comes out 7/30 (although there's a slight chance it may be out next week).

No comments: