Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Hellboy II - no spoilers!

I saw a sneak preview of Hellboy II The Golden Army last night and I'd give it an enthusiastic thumbs up. Actually while I liked it almost from the start more than the first Hellboy movie (which I thought looked good, but was really boring and I couldn't get into any of the characters) anyone who knows me, will know at which point in the movie I was totally sold on Hellboy II and couldn't help but enjoy the rest of the movie. Hellboy II isn't Pan's Labyrinth or The Devil's Backbone good, but it's a solid, entertaining big budget action film that actually has engaging characters and a story with some heart (things that I thought were missing from the first Hellboy). I also liked very much the new addition to the BPRD crew.

I now actually feel like giving the Hellboy / BPRD comics / graphic novels another chance because while I've always liked the art within, the few stories I read didn't do anything for me (and I know too many people with discriminating taste that LOVE these books - and I sell a good amount of them!).

2 comments:

Camila said...

I think I know what part sold you to the movie....

hellboy is a vegan!

Ralph Mathieu said...

Nope, I don't believe Hellboy is a Vegan.