Monday, May 18, 2009

Good-bye Hugo, hugs to Sierra

I never knew Hugo, but today my friend Sierra, who lives in Long Beach, wrote a blog entry that her friend and one-time fellow co-worker, Hugo had died. Hugo was only 26. I don't know how he died, but that's really none of my business and no matter how he died, 26 is waaaaaay too young to leave this mortal realm. Here's the link to Sierra's entry about Hugo: http://mystripedsocks.blogspot.com/

Even though I never met Hugo, just from reading Sierra's writing about him, I'm really sad that he's no longer alive, because I've known Sierra since she was a baby and when she talks s vibrantly about someone, I know that person has to have had a magnetic personality. I usually like to read Sierra's blog entries early in the day because her colorful persdpectives on life gives my day that extra kick start. Reading about Hugo's death is going to make the rest of the day unfold in a very sluggsish manner, but I'm glad Sierra shared this because it serves as a reminder that life is fleeting so don't take it or people in your life for granted.

Sierra, hug Stella and Arlen for me and the next time you talk to David (even though I also don't know him), tell him that Kate and I will do everything in our power to make bullshit like Prop 8 go away and that Hugo will be in our thoughts.

No comments: