Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Steve Niles signing - awesome!

Yesterday, Alternate Reality Comics hosted a signing with Steve Niles and a great time was had by all. Thanks for everyone who showed up to share with Steve Niles how much entertainment his comics / prose work have provided to them. Thanks especially to Steve Niles and the lovely Micheline for coming to my store and making existing and new Steve Niles fans really happy!
There was a steady flow of people throughout the two hour signing, great conversations about Steve Niles' many great comics, such as: 30 Days Of Night, Criminal Macabre, Simon Dark, Giant Monster, Batman Gotham County Line, The Ghoul, and Freaks of the Heartland (the man is a writing machine!) was engaged, and people supplemented the Steve Nile comics / graphic novels they already had by purchasing more at my store (mucho thanks).
As per usual I wish I'd taken more photos, but I was busy making sure that the signing was running smoothly and helping people that were buying the new comics that arrived yesterday (much thanks also to Jim McKenzie for helping me out with the register - I would have been especially crazy if it was just my wired lo carb Monster drinking self at the shop!). I As I've mentioned before, I probably should have someone else taking photos, but last night as I was thinking about the whole taking of photos at signings and not wanting to be too intrusive, I realized that in the future I should just ask my signing guests if it's all right for photos to be snapping away during the event (something that seems like an obvious yes, but one shouldn't assume things and it really is, in retrospect, easy enough and courteous to just ask).
Again, thanks to all who made the Steve Niles signing successful and a great way to kick off the holiday season here at Alternate Reality Comics!

1 comment:

Rick Tucker said...

You always have had good guests for your store signings. Did anyone ask Steve how he felt regarding the film version of 30 Days of Night? I know I've always been curious about his reaction to the film.