Monday, July 5, 2010

Batwoman Elegy & a note about my absence here of late...

Ah, my dear Ich Liebe Comics! blog and dear Ich Liebe Comics! blog readers, how I've missed you! It's been just over two weeks since my last entry and my lack of having posted any new entries since then isn't for lack of interest on my part or for lack of things such as great comics or graphic novels that have come out in the past two weeks (because there have been many!) to blog about, rather life just had other plans for me. More about that after the following public service announcement...
Batwoman Elegy is of course, the new hardcover collection of Greg Rucka and J.H. Williams III excellent Batwoman arc that ran in Detective Comics for seven issues. Anyone who's read Queen & Country and Whiteout by Greg Rucka already know he writes great strong female characters, so of course his Batwoman was going to be great, but the real star of the Rucka / Williams III collaboration is artist J.H. Williams III (Promethea, Chase, Seven Soldiers), who just keeps reinventing his artistic prowess (and it was fantastic when he first came on the comic book scene). The Batwoman Elegy collection is an over-sized hardcover, which allows J.H. Williams III's art to really pop - this book is the definition of the Alternate Reality Comics money-back guarantee - one of those books that will just have you waiting on the edge of your seat for J.H's return to the character (which isn't scheduled yet, but he'll be co-writing it this time as well).

Okay, now that I've stated the obvious in regards to J.H.'s art again, I'm going to get into why I've been blog absent of late. Basically there's changes afoot that will be happening at Alternate Reality Comics (one of which people will see right away as they visit this week) within the very near future. I like to think that these changes in the store will make my lovely patrons and visitors become more endeared to Alternate Reality Comics, but of course I'd like to hear everyone's feedback regarding those changes. I hate to be one of those internet teases talking about upcoming projects, but I just want to let all of my Ich Liebe Comics! blog readers know that prepping for these store changes has made me put the blog on the back burner for the last couple of weeks (the longest I've gone without posting since I started this blog), but now I should be back in the groove and actually I've got what I think is a great idea for me doing even more blog entries (sorry for yet another tease, but seriously it's just around the corner), so I hope that my upcoming Ich Liebe Comics! followers and casual readers will make room in your busy schedules to continue reading Ich Liebe Comics!

Thanks as always to all of you Ich Liebe Comics! readers and those of you who've shopped and chatted with me at Alternate Reality Comics - I love you all and that's not just the wine that I'm drinking while writing this talking!

3 comments:

Red She Said said...

That was some glorious tease! Ha ha.

Pj Perez said...

OMG WHAT?! I have to come down to the store this week and figure out what the hell you're talking about!!

Anonymous said...

This site is a walk-through for all the information you wanted about this and didn' t know who to ask. Look here, and you' ll definitely find it.