Friday, August 22, 2008

I Love...

...Little Baby Ducks http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ixnCS-YpAJU. This song, by Tom T. Hall from the 1970's was playing in my head while I was thinking of the following entry (Tom T. Hall also wrote another great "simple" song called I Like Beer, but I think these songs speak volumes and are great happy songs).

So I'm doing my monthly order here at the store and someone dares to interrupt me by buying some great comics (Planetary, Me and the Devil Blues, House of Mystery, Walking Dead). Actually, of course I love interruptions like that because I love when good comics find good homes. I can't say the following enough, but I love my job selling comics, what's not to love!? While I lament that readership of almost all print media is down as there is so many other forms of entertainment that vie for people's attentions and attention spans are diminishing with the flood of information and stimulus that exists today, I love that there are people who still love this wonderful medium called comics. I also realize how fortunate I am to have as my occupation that which is one of my greatest passions in life (comics of course) as just the smallest percentage of people are able to have a scenario like this in their lives. I love turning people on to great comics and I love talking to people about comics that they've enjoyed. I love that the preview for Watchmen is turning a LOT of people on to one of Alan Moore's greatest works and I love that I've met so many great people here at my store.

All this love I'm feeling today is especially heightened today due to my only sleeping three hours last night - I "blame" that on the Drink & Draw and then meeting Cristina (newly back fom China nearly a week now) and some other friends at the Beauty Bar. The aforementioned somehow added up to how Tom T. Hall's I Love... popped into my head, so I thought that those of you reading this who haven't heard that song should give it a listen.

Important addition: I especially love those of you who read my silly little blog!