Saturday, August 2, 2008

San Diego 2008 pt. 2

One of my favorite things to do at conventions is take pictures of people in costumes. From my vantage pont at this year's convention, I didn't think that there were as many people in costumes as previous years, but that's probably because I just wasn't in the right places.

This costume is my favorite that I saw, I don't know what it has to do with comics or anything or what she's doing with her hand (maybe trying to make it like a frogs? - whatever it looks cool!). I like to imagine that all of her clothes have animal themes!
I saw this lovely Death and Aquaman couple at the Watchmen panel. Sure Aquaman shouldn't have sneakers on, but as long as the guy wearing the costume is having fun, who cares and I like to think one of the rules of the San Diego comic con is that costume wise, anything goes.
Kate dressed up as Mazikeen from Vertigo's Lucifer. She had people coming up to her thinking she was Typhoid Mary (from Daredevil). When she went over to Peter Gross' (the artist on Lucifer) table, he told her that she had to go over and show Ryan Kelly (who inked Gross on Lucifer) and he was floored because he'd always wanted to see someone show up dressed as that character. To further show syncronicity at work, Kelly had a painted piece of the character which Kate was happy to purchase (pictured with her here).
Here's a kid doing the Green Lantern thang old school, meaning the Golden Age's, Alan Scott version.






Magneto and the Scarlet Witch, great costumes - I wish the guy dressed as Maneto was holding a huge magnet though.

No comments: