Thursday, April 16, 2009

Xanadu - Las Vegas sci-fi con

This weekend, Friday, Saturday, and Sunday (April 17-19), at the Plaza Hotel downtown, Xanadu Las Vegas will be the happening spot for those of you that want to check out a local science fiction convention. Xanadu will feature mostly actors from sci-fi television and sci-fi movies, but they've also got an exhibit room (I'll have a booth there as will Comic Oasis), a costume contest, screenings, and panel programming. The huge artist guest they have appearing is Brom, so for a lot of people that's an attraction unto itself. Unfortunately they don't have one day passes, so first check out http://www.xanadulasvegas.com/ to see if there's enough guests and programming you're interested to make the two or three day passes worthwhile for you.

This will be my first time at a convention that isn't comic centric so I really don't know what to expect, but I like to think this will be an interesting mix of people (the hotel itself is sold out), having looked at their guests and programming list. I just hope they play the soundtrack to the 1980 movie musical Xanadu by ELO and Olivia Newton John on an endless loop throughout the Plaza Hotel this weekend (which oddly given my love of ELO & Olivia Newton John music and musicals, I never have seen, even though I've heard it's a good cheesy muscial)!

No comments: