Saturday, June 7, 2008

Starbucks week 5

Continuing my semi-regular updates on the progress of the new Starbucks that will be my new neighbor:

This photo was taken from the Bank of America across the street from my store. I'm happy with the speed that they seem to be putting up this building, but I realize that like any construction there may come a period of time where, for whatever reason, building slows down and it then looks like it will take forever for that building to open. Right now I'm thinking that however long it takes, as long as there's not a building on that spot, my store really stands out to people driving by on Maryland Parkway.

This is a semi close-up of the actual space that the Starbucks will be occupying. At this stage of development, without walls, it's hard to get a sense of how big it really is and my first thought is that it should be bigger (but then it would obscure the view of my store from the street so it looks fine as is!). Whatever one's views on Starbucks, I'm sure that the building itself will be a great visual improvement for this center and the Maryland Parkway UNLV district.

No comments: