Tuesday, August 7, 2007

the big show pt.2

I like taking pictures, especially of people in costumes so here are some of my favorites from this year. I think there may have been more people in costumes last year, but that may be because I wasn't in the right places this year to see them. In the background at the Top Shelf booth as I was selecting this picture I just noticed the guy with brown hair sitting behind the Top Shelf booth (to the right of the Lost Girls book) is Matt Kindt. I meant to see him during the convention as I looked through his new Top Shelf book Super Spy (it looks really good), but with everything else going on I forgot. Matt Kindt also illustrated Pistolwhip and Mephisto, two great books written by Jason Hall (disclaimer - he's also a good friend) also published by Top Shelf.

Captain American looks pretty alive to me!






This guy in the red Spidey speedoos was really funny, actually the funniest thing I saw / heard the whole show. He called himself Spidey Sam and had a camera guy filming him as he was spouting pro-Republican, pro-Bush rants to everyone who passed by him. He has a website: www.geekscape.net, but he doesn't have any of the footage of himself in this attire up yet. While I marvel at the pair it takes to do something like this, I wonder if he just does this just for the fun of it or if he hopes someone will "discover" him.



Now that's a funny shirt!

1 comment: