Saturday, August 18, 2007

Jim Rugg owns the pencil!

This awesome illo is by Jim Rugg, artist of The Plain Janes (someone commissioned this piece fom him of the Janes as the JLA) and writer / artist of Street Angel.

Another commission Jim Rugg did featuring Aquaman, of course. He's got some other great pieces on his live journal at:


http://jimrugg.livejournal.com/ I'm not sure if he's still doing commissions, but I'd guess that if a person headed over to his live journal and asked him, he'd let you know (as well as what the price would be). I'm going to see if he's up to doing a Promethea commission for me.

Everyone needs to fire off a letter or email to DC letting them know that an Aquaman prestige format book by Jim Rugg would be a highwater (let the groans commence!) mark for the character!

1 comment:

David Shook said...

I've not seen a whole lot of Jim Rugg's work, but I have to say that that Aquaman picture is FANTASTIC.